One time I created my own pop traffic source (Chrome extension)

Galaksion Contest

Luke

Admin
Staff Member
Community Leader
I had a member message me asking about creating their own Google Chrome extension that they could use to serve ads. Adware was much more popular and easier to get users on years ago, but there is still some out there.

But, what the member didn't know (until I told them) is that I have actually created a Chrome extension to serve as my own adware. I just spent far too long searching my Twitter to try to figure out exactly when I was doing this because I couldn't remember and it appears to be around 2012.

I am not sure what gave me the idea, but I decided to make a Chrome extension that would randomly display quotes from a TV show that I already had a big audience for. It would also randomly open a new tab with an affiliate link when the user was visiting a specific site or a site with a specific keyword.

For example, if someone was visiting a site with the word "affiliate" in the link, I could pop open afflift.com in a new tab when they went to the site.

There were a few complaints about the ads,

To view the premium content in our affiliate marketing forum (including this awesome thread), you must first register and upgrade your account. Register today and become a part of our amazing community!