• Welcome to affLIFT!
    We are happy you have decided to check out our awesome affiliate marketing forum. Register your account today to join our amazing community!
  • Join Golden Goose today and get access to the top mobile content offers in the world from the network with over 15 years experience in the mVAS market.
    Join Golden Goose Today!

Guide How to avoid getting flagged by Google and Antiviruses

RollerAds

servandosilva

πŸŒŠπŸπŸ‘¨β€πŸ’»πŸ§‹πŸŒ΄
Staff Member
Community Leader
I've seen a lot of recent threads about affiliates getting their landing pages flagged by Google's safe browsing systems and other antiviruses. Truth is, this is very common and my first flagged campaign happened after a few months back in 2014.

In 2015-2017 alone, I got dozens, if not hundreds of flagged URLs as I was focused a lot on VPN/Antivirus offers. if you run branded sweeps/coupons you'll also see this problem often.

What is a flagged URL?

You know, this red screen of death advising users not to continue browsing a page because it shouldn't be trusted.

google-safe-browsing-jpg.19831

People report your landing pages to Google and after several reports, the URL is flagged. Sometimes Google flags them faster as they have identified landing pages or code in the page that has been constantly marked as malicious.

What happens when you get hit by a red flag?

1. You lose money as the traffic doesn't reach your landing page
  2. Your campaign can be detected as flagged by the traffic network and it gets paused or if it happens many times, you can get banned. This depends on how strict the network is because if the flag gets passed

To view the premium content in our affiliate marketing forum (including this awesome thread), you must first register and upgrade your account. Register today and become a part of our amazing community!