• Welcome to affLIFT!
    We are happy you have decided to check out our awesome affiliate marketing forum. Register your account today to join our amazing community!
  • ๐Ÿ”ฅ๏ธ Try Keitaro Tracker to optimize and scale your advertising. Reduce costs and focus on generating profit. BONUS: sign up now and get 25% OFF with promo code AFFLIFT
    GET 25% OFF

GTM flagging Voluum conversion tags as malware

Edu-Money

afficio

Super Contributor
hey folks,

Just wanted to bring this to your attention, these tags have been published for about a week, and have only just got flagged as malware today โ€” which means that the tags are automatically disabled.

I guess that there's some new security measure to check the GTM container tags directly.

The 'base code' tag is for the direct tracking script, and all the tags were using a custom domain, not the dedicated domain from Vlm.

We've recently transitioned over to an alternative tracker so this wasn't an issue โ€” it'd be a shitshow if we were tracking high-volume campaigns and our on-page conversion event tracking broke. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

I also decided to check the domains on VirusTotal โ€” my own custom domain came back clean, Vlm's one had 1 flag from the vendor 'Bfore.Ai PreCrime'.

1695832747802-png.43455

I will experiment in another container to see if they get flagged using the image tag type, as these were all using the custom HTML tag with the script snippets from Vlm.

Still, best to be wary of this risk as you could be caught out with this flag/your conversions

Last edited:
To view the premium content in our affiliate marketing forum (including this awesome thread), you must first register and upgrade your account. Register today and become a part of our amazing community!