• Welcome to affLIFT!
    We are happy you have decided to check out our awesome affiliate marketing forum. Register your account today to join our amazing community!
  • Are you looking for WW high-quality traffic? Join HilltopAds! Try POP’s, Video and In-Page push formats and get conversions. Apply promo code AFFLIFT10 and get 10% bonus on your first deposit!
    Join HilltopAds

Fraudulent Traffic

kaminari

doubledouble

Super Contributor
Hi Afflifters,

hope you are all well!

I run some traffic with a fairly prominent pop source. I have managed campaigns where our AM sets the campaigns up and of course their self serve platform (I am not going to name them as there is a case on going, just want to gauge the feedback) Ad spend with them is around 10K per month.

I had an issue where our advertiser did not want to pay us because of fraudulent traffic. So naturally we took this back to the traffic source, who without even investigating it, said we had to prove.... OK so we played ball.

I got 2 independent reports at user string level from 2 well regarded anti fraud companies. Low and behold 60+% of the traffic is bot traffic. It is important to note that the deal we have is on CPA with them, so this was 60% fraudulent bot conversions.

We then get a fraud report from the traffic source saying that 40% of the traffic is bot traffic.

1. Would you pay for this traffic?
  2. Are traffic sources legitimate in expecting affiliates to pay for non human traffic?
  3. how can we

To view the premium content in our affiliate marketing forum (including this awesome thread), you must first register and upgrade your account. Register today and become a part of our amazing community!