Follow Along Zeropark + Voluum + PeerFly. Goal = Spot 3 Profitable campaigns

RollerAds

markbeats

Super Contributor
;) Hi everyone, I am quite new to this forum but not to internet marketing.
I am from Italy and I am doing LOTS of things right now.

I am setting up this thread to stay focused and learn to better find and optimize a good campaign.
I will be mainly doing directlinking (faster) and even if I am partner on many networks I will stick to Peerfly because I don't want to mess up my mind.

(y)I am very happy to be in this forum and I really admire @Luke and @servandosilva for how good they are at doing their work. You are superstars to me guys.

My goal is to find 3 profitable campaigns.

SITUATION:
  1. My traffic source will be Zeropark only, I have many more but need to stay focused.
  2. I will be using only Zeropark Redirect traffic, RON. Same thing here, I need to stay focused. There are too many variables in this game. I red that Luke is mailnly using redirects and their quality should be higher. (right choice? Or I should switch to PPV?)
  3. Tracker: Bemob
  4. Only Directlinking Campaigns, because I need to stay lean uploading campaigns fast.
My initial budget is $200, but i will put more money on Zeropark if needed. Anyway I hope to spot at least 1 profitable campaign with these money.

THIS IS A TRAINING FOR ME SO FEEL FREE TO TELL ME WHAT I AM DOING WRONG
I am not a pro and I can fail easily, but failing means you are trying :cool:.

:love:Wish me Good Luck:)

OpenAFF is the first technology affiliate network
So yesterday night I launched 2 campaigns from Peerfly, budget was spent in no time.

Campaign 1: Australia Sweepstake for Baby Clothings. Paying $2.
I have setup my bids on Zeropark at 0.005 and 10$ a day maximum.
I have chosen the option to 'Buy all the traffic Available' on Zeropark (I did wrong?)
Dayparting 8 am to Midnight
Spent $10.04
Redirects 2,008
Conversions 0

Campaign 2: Germany Iphone Xs (Pin Submit). Paying $13.
I have setup my bids on Zeropark at 0.005 and 10$ a day maximum.
I have chosen the option to 'Buy all the traffic Available' on Zeropark (I did wrong?)
Dayparting 8 am to Midnight
Spent $10.11
Redirects 2,022
Conversions 0

Observations:
  1. Does it make a difference to use the option 'Buy all the available traffic' or I should leave the 'Buy traffic smoothly option on' ?
  2. For Campaign 2, I have the same exact offer that had email submit insted of Pin submit, Maybe I should have used that one, since Pin submits are harder to convert?
  3. Now that I have spent 5x budget for the Campaign 1, should I kill the campaign having no conversions?
  4. Should i continue running Campaign 2 ?
  5. What do you do when you run the campaign 1/2 days and have no conversions? Just look for some 'hidden' signals or just kill it?

You're off to a pretty good start. Here's what I would suggest.

I think the Baby email submit might be too niche for the type of traffic you're bidding on. If you think about it you basically need to find moms. Redirect traffic can come from all kinds of sites not necessarily targeting moms. The iPhone offer on the other hand can appeal to just about everyone. I mean if you don't have an iPhone, you probably want one ;) hehe.

1. The 'buy all the traffic available' available option is why your budget was spent in no time. It spends your money as fast as it possibly can. The other option 'buy traffic smoothly' will spread your budget as best it can through the day. You want the second option.

2. If you ran the pin submit, you can try the email one. Email would convert better; sometimes you can make the work direct linked depending on the offer.

3. I would because it's too niche. I don't think the traffic delivery would make this have a better chance.

4. Yes. Test the email submit instead.

5. You have to set a budget for each campaign you test. Some people like to do 3x - 5x the payout and kill it if they get no conversions.

Thank you for your suggestions @Nick, i really appreciate it.
I stopped the campaigns and I am going to launch 10 campaigns today, stopping them at 3x their payout. I will try to keep the bids as low as possible in order to have more traffic.

My last doubt is about my choice of using only redirect traffic instead of PPV on Zeropark
I did this because I followed one of @Luke ' s threads but I am maybe choosing wrong?

UPDATE:

I am trying to stay consistent so Yesterday I selected 10 offers using Peerflyoffers and created the campaigns.
I decided to switch to PPV traffic instead of Redirect, I felt It would have been a good choice.

WHAT I DID:
- Stopped the 2 old campaigns
- Created 10 new campaigns with minimum bids and maximum spending $5 per day (3x-5x the payout).

RESULTS
After about 6 hours, 8 of my 10 Campaigns spent all the daily budget.
Good news:
2 Campaigns have 1 Conversion each!
This sounds good and motivates me! But It could be a fluke conversion anyway. I really don't like when I have only 1 conversions because this basically means nothing.

DETAILS OF CONVERTING CAMPAIGNS:
Campaign 1: Extension for Chrome
Traffic: 5,589
Spent: $5.05
Conversions: 1 ( $0.80 )

Campaign 2: Dating Offer (adult)
Traffic: 5,583
Spent: $5.08
Conversions: 1 ( $0.60 )

OBSERVATIONS:
  1. I have a problem with Zeropark not receiving the conversion from Bemob, I think i followed all the settings right, I did put the Zeropark conversion tracking link inside my Bemob setting but it is not recording the conversions. Bemob trackts the conversion but not Zeropark.
  2. Another Problem with Zeropark. My stats are different from Bemob to Zeropark because Zeropark does not allow the tracker to track the spent. So I have inputed my bids manually in Bemob, but there are some differencies that really mess up my stats. Example- Zeropark Stats: 5583 Clicks, Spent $5.08 - Bemob Stats: 5090 Clicks, Spent $4,58. HOW DO I HAVE TO ACT HERE?
  3. I think I am going to stop the not performing campaigns (tested with 3x-5x payout) and leave only the 2 that generated the conversion + 2 that has to finish the budget for today. Do you think this is the right choice after just 1 day ?
  4. Talking about the converting campaigns: Should I higher the budget for today and have more traffic coming in or I just leave as is and wait for tomorrow to have more traffic?

:):):)

UPDATE (even if noone is partecipating to my thread) :)

3 Campaigns out of 10 turned to have some few convesions.
Today I received a mail from Peerfly stating that one of the offers I was having few conversions is stopped, so I am left with 2 campaigns that have some signals:

Campaign 1: Dating
Spent: $25.17
Traffic: 29,230
Conversions: 5 ($ 2.98 )
Loss: 22.19

Campaign 2: Installer
Spent: $25.14
Traffic: 25,563
Conversions: 2 ($ 3.98 )
Loss: 21.16

I am going thru some optimization now, I wish i had more conversions but I have to optimize at least some minimal sources that are not converting. I cannot do much, with only 5 and 2 conversions it is not easy to decide anything. I think i need more data.
Right now the campaigns are running at 10$ per day and with under minimum bids.

OBSERVATIONS (reposting the old ones gone without answer):
  1. I have a problem with Zeropark not receiving the conversion from Bemob, I think i followed all the settings right, I did put the Zeropark conversion tracking link inside my Bemob setting but it is not recording the conversions. Bemob trackts the conversion but not Zeropark.
  2. Another Problem with Zeropark. My stats are different from Bemob to Zeropark because Zeropark does not allow the tracker to track the spent. So I have inputed my bids manually in Bemob, but there are some differencies that really mess up my stats. Example- Zeropark Stats: 5583 Clicks, Spent $5.08 - Bemob Stats: 5090 Clicks, Spent $4,58. HOW DO I HAVE TO ACT HERE?
  3. Should i continue driving traffic to these campaigns or signals are showing that campaigns are underperforming so it would be better to kill them?
  4. Talking about the converting campaigns: Should I higher the budget for today and have more traffic coming in or I just leave as is and wait for tomorrow to have more traffic?

I wish i had more conversions but I have to optimize at least some minimal sources that are not converting. I cannot do much, with only 5 and 2 conversions it is not easy to decide anything. I think i need more data.
Yeah, it may help to see a breakdown of your sources that you are getting traffic from.

I have a problem with Zeropark not receiving the conversion from Bemob, I think i followed all the settings right, I did put the Zeropark conversion tracking link inside my Bemob setting but it is not recording the conversions. Bemob trackts the conversion but not Zeropark.
Post a screenshot of how Zeropark is setup as a traffic source in BeMob and I'll try and help debug this issue for you 👍

Another Problem with Zeropark. My stats are different from Bemob to Zeropark because Zeropark does not allow the tracker to track the spent. So I have inputed my bids manually in Bemob, but there are some differencies that really mess up my stats. Example- Zeropark Stats: 5583 Clicks, Spent $5.08 - Bemob Stats: 5090 Clicks, Spent $4,58. HOW DO I HAVE TO ACT HERE?
Honestly, I would probably just use a Google Sheet or Excel Spreadsheet to try to track this. I've never liked manually inserting the cost into any tracker. Also, I don't want to mess up what you have going with these campaigns, but on the next one, you may want to try signing up for Voluum. I think you can use it for free with your Zeropark campaigns.

Should i continue driving traffic to these campaigns or signals are showing that campaigns are underperforming so it would be better to kill them?
Depends on if you have sources that are profitable. Or, a particular target that is profitable. The payouts are very low which is going to make it hard to get it profitable with your current results. That could change with a good segment of data like a particular source/target converting :)

Talking about the converting campaigns: Should I higher the budget for today and have more traffic coming in or I just leave as is and wait for tomorrow to have more traffic?
This is really up to you. Do you think time of day is going to change the outcome of your campaign? I started a campaign I was trying to spend about $100 on today in the UK earlier this morning. We're nearing 1:00am in the UK. I might want to pause that campaign until tomorrow. Of course, it may convert better at night. We'll never know unless we test :)

BTW, sorry for missing your update yesterday. I must have clicked your thread on my phone or something.

UPDATE:

I realized i can use voluum for free using Zeropark so I will switch to voluum keeping in mind I had some conversions.

Thank you @Luke for the help, and for your answers, this is gold to me.

NEW STATS:

Campaign 1: Dating
Spent: $35.20
Traffic: 41.789
Conversions: 6 ($ 4.20 )
Loss: 31

Campaign 2: Installer
Spent: $31.50
Traffic: 37.361
Conversions: 3 ($ 6 )
Loss: 25.5

Now there is a good observation: watching the stats I was tempted to stop the Campaign 2 and concentrate on Campaign 1 just beacuse I am getting less conversions on campaign 2 and so I though it was not working, but after doing some maths I can clearly see that the Campaign 2 is performing better even with half of the conversions. So what should I do in your opinion?

So my plan now is to switch to voluum and let the 2 campaigns run for 2 days, then come back to you for a fast screening.
I have optimized a bit and unfortunately switching to voluum will have me loose some data, but I think it is impossible to track this way. The data is very different from tracker to Zeropark, and more you have different bids for each source so it is very not possible to optimize in my opinion.

I have another Newbie question.

When creating campaigns very fast in your tracker, i find it faster to create a 'campaign' that directs to an url instead of first creating the 'offer' then loading the offer inside a campaign. I think this is not needed because we are not creating special routing or rules at this stage.
Am i doing wrong?

Now there is a good observation: watching the stats I was tempted to stop the Campaign 2 and concentrate on Campaign 1 just beacuse I am getting less conversions on campaign 2 and so I though it was not working, but after doing some maths I can clearly see that the Campaign 2 is performing better even with half of the conversions. So what should I do in your opinion?
I think you need to look a bit deeper at your data rather than just the overview of total clicks/conversions.

I have another Newbie question.

When creating campaigns very fast in your tracker, i find it faster to create a 'campaign' that directs to an url instead of first creating the 'offer' then loading the offer inside a campaign. I think this is not needed because we are not creating special routing or rules at this stage.
Am i doing wrong?
It takes like 2 minutes to setup an Offer in your tracker. I wouldn't be in such a rush and do things properly :)

I have a proposal. I've never done anything like this, but why not give something new a try? :)

Message me with the 2 offers you are currently promoting from PeerFly (or the email on your PeerFly account) and I will setup the exact same campaign using ZeroPark, Voluum, and PeerFly and report my results and mindset in optimizing the campaign here on your thread each step of the way. I will be 100% transparent about everything except the actual offers (as you are currently).

If you do not want to do this, that is fine, but if you'd like to, I will happily try to help by running the same campaigns parallel to what you here in your thread. I'm sure it'd help you and everyone else following along.

I have a proposal. I've never done anything like this, but why not give something new a try? :)

Message me with the 2 offers you are currently promoting from PeerFly (or the email on your PeerFly account) and I will setup the exact same campaign using ZeroPark, Voluum, and PeerFly and report my results and mindset in optimizing the campaign here on your thread each step of the way. I will be 100% transparent about everything except the actual offers (as you are currently).

If you do not want to do this, that is fine, but if you'd like to, I will happily try to help by running the same campaigns parallel to what you here in your thread. I'm sure it'd help you and everyone else following along.

@Luke this sound MEGA!
I completely agree to do this.

So what do you suggest? Running the same campaigns at the same time so I can see how you are acting?
This is great for me and would be a great learning. I really don't care about the campaigns, I am just learning now so I AM IN.
Sending you a PM.

Ok, i have setup my campaigns in Voluum.

Having costs not tracked is a complete nightmare.

Anyway Bemob is a great tracker guys, use it!

@Luke this sound MEGA!
I completely agree to do this.

So what do you suggest? Running the same campaigns at the same time so I can see how you are acting?
This is great for me and would be a great learning. I really don't care about the campaigns, I am just learning now so I AM IN.
Sending you a PM.
I setup the campaigns and they're approved. I set the daily budget for both to what I normally would based on the payouts and will report back tomorrow with updates on performance :)

EDIT: for my first conversion for Campaign 1. Off to a good start 👍

Last edited:
Hi there,

Awesome journey!!
I'm following and will be doing the same combos.
One question though.
You guys just said that volumm is free for zero park. So how can I get that?
I see there are no free plans for volumm except the free trial for few days.

Thanks,
Toms

Hi there,

Awesome journey!!
One question though.

Thanks,
Toms
Yes, I believe you can use Voluum for free with Zeropark. Either way it’s worth using the free trial in my opinion.

Hi there,

Awesome journey!!
One question though.

Thanks,
Toms

Hi Tom, maybe they removed this functionality. Try to ask the support.