Guide What TLD is "Best" for Landers/Tracking Domains?

Adsterra

Nick

🧙🏻‍♂️ Wizard 🔮
Staff Member
Community Leader
Does it even matter what TLD extension you use for your trackers and landers?

Maybe.

A couple of months ago I stumbled upon an interesting article about the speeds of some of the most popular TLDs (.com, .net, .co, .club, .xyz, etc.) and I thought that I'd share it here, as it's not exactly common information that many people (even ones that work full-time online) know.

TL;DR - If you didn't read the article... BunnyCDN used their global network to test the DNS resolution speeds of 42 of some of the most popular top-level domains and aggregated the results into a global median average. The results are in the graph below. ⬇️

gtld-dns-resolution-time-6-png.16339

To me, the results are quite surprising because I would have never thought the loading speed of your website(s) or landing page(s) could be affected by the domain extension that you're using.

Many times affiliates tend to purchase TLD extensions that are cheap (myself included), such as .xyz, but as you can see in the chart above the resolution time is quite slow compared to other domain extensions you could buy...

.com is surprisingly in the middle of the pack, and .co, .club, .biz, and

To view the premium content in our affiliate marketing forum (including this awesome thread), you must first register and upgrade your account. Register today and become a part of our amazing community!