• Welcome to affLIFT!
    We are happy you have decided to check out our awesome affiliate marketing forum. Register your account today to join our amazing community!
  • Find the best prices and largest volumes across Push, Popunder, and Native Ad Networks. Discover traffic price drops with Traffic Lab's historical data!
    Check out Traffic Lab!

Traffic loss 20%, Binom, changing server location

k@rnivore

Super Contributor
So when I was starting out I installed my Binom in Digital Ocean in Bangalore, as this was the part of the world I was testing at first.
Nowadays most of my traffic comes from ZA (and I might start testing EU countries some time in the future). I have noticed that my traffic loss on pop is as high as 20%, and I would like to lower it down (direct linking, I am not using landers, so landers hosting is not an issue here).

I am sure that ZA <-> Bangalore is a very bad idea distance-wise, latency-wise and all that.

What should I do? I am thinking of one of the following:

1. Change server location within Digital Ocean (they offer NY, San Francisco, Amsterdam, Singapore, London, Frankfurt, Toronto, Bangalore). - so thinking about Frankfurt vs Amsterdam. BTW: is there any website which provides latency tables or tests between countries? ---> (i like this option as this would require least effort on my part)

2. Use another service which is not Digital Ocean that has servers closer to ZA (any recommendations ? ) ---> (i like this option as well, shouldn't be that hard to migrate Binom

To view the premium content in our affiliate marketing forum (including this awesome thread), you must first register and upgrade your account. Register today and become a part of our amazing community!