• Welcome to affLIFT!
    We are happy you have decided to check out our awesome affiliate marketing forum. Register your account today to join our amazing community!
  • A scalable, affordable and effective tracker for professional marketers with an awesome FREE plan. Use the coupon AFFLIFT60 and get a free $60 credit.
    Try MaxConv Tracker

Tracker vs Traffic Source: When Green Means Red

AdsEmpire

Apollo

Super Contributor
Hi there fellow affLIFTers,

There are many posts on this forum that seem to suggest that all is well when your tracker begins to show your campaigns as green. Of course, in general, that is true. However, let's not forget that there is generally a substantial 'click loss' between the traffic source and the tracker (as there is between the tracker and the affiliate network) and so the tracker's stats can be considerably misleading.

I recently started a new campaign and the screenshot below highlights this issue.

traffic_vs_tracker-png.7320

Of course, I was delighted when I saw BeMob (my tracker) was showing my campaign as green with a ROI of +30.33%. However, when I checked my PopAds (traffic source) stats, I suddenly saw red, literally. My ROI was, in fact, -9%. Now, that's a huge difference and it's due to the 531 (1,763-1,232) impressions 'lost en route' to BeMob. Of course, it's not BeMob's fault - it's just the way it is for a variety of reasons.

So as useful as trackers are - and, of course, I am not suggesting that you should not use one - don't forget to check your traffic stats. They are the only

To view the premium content in our affiliate marketing forum (including this awesome thread), you must first register and upgrade your account. Register today and become a part of our amazing community!