• Welcome to affLIFT!
    We are happy you have decided to check out our awesome affiliate marketing forum. Register your account today to join our amazing community!
  • 🔥️ Try Keitaro Tracker to optimize and scale your advertising. Reduce costs and focus on generating profit. BONUS: sign up now and get 25% OFF with promo code AFFLIFT
    GET 25% OFF

TikTok tracking: Pixel or ad tracker?

AdsEmpire

RedTrack.io

Super Contributor
VIP
Partner
Hi everyone!
Today I wanted to talk about TikTok ads. Have you started testing this beast? I know some marketers have jumped straight into this new adventure and some are still holding off with more comfortable channels.

Well, if you wanna try TikTok Ads, I recommend to figure out tracking before you launch your campaigns.

And here comes the questions: TikTok pixel or a more complex tracking setup?

TikTok Pixel has a bunch of benefits, but has just the same disadvantages as Facebook Pixel.

TikTok Pixel is great for:

• Conversion tracking
  • Improving optimisation
  • Integration with eCom platforms (like Shopify or WooCommerce)
  • Access to custom audiences
  • Relatively easy setup
However, TikTok Pixel still has some problems:

• Just like any “pixel” technology it’s not the most accurate tracking, as it represents third-party cookies tribe
  • It can easily be blocked, since it’s third-party cookie thing and privacy regulations are fierce

TikTok Pixel alternative is good old tracker

If your ad tracker has an API integration with TikTok, you will be able:

• To track ads accurately
  • Use only first-party data and comply with privacy regulations
  • Feed more data to algorithms

To view the premium content in our affiliate marketing forum (including this awesome thread), you must first register and upgrade your account. Register today and become a part of our amazing community!