Software Engineer (hopefully) Turning Into Affiliate Marketer

Adsterra

shujew

Contributor
Hi,

My name is Shuaib. I'm a software engineer currently living in NYC, working mostly in programmatic advertisement (header bidding) on the publisher's side. I'm very familiar with ad serving technologies (SSP-side) but sadly not with ad serving operations. My experience in the affiliate industry is earning $100-200 monthly almost 10 years ago through locking files behind a content locker (PPD with FileIce) and advertising through youtube. With covid-19, my income sources have been slashed so I'm hoping to make some $$$ with affiliate marketing. So far, this is what I've worked on (and working on) in the past month
  • Created a content-website (baby niche) and hired writers to write Amazon product reviews. Drove traffic to website through Taboola and Facebook ads. Has been a terrible experience so far as I've driven about 1000 clicks at $0.01 CPC but only earning $1 in Amazon commissions. I'm not giving up on it yet and hoping that what I need are reviews for more expensive products (I just signed up for ShareASale - wish me luck!)
  • Signed up for Mobipium, BeMob, PropellerAds and AdMaven (put $100 in each ad account) + configured everything
  • Was dumb enough to spend

To view the premium content in our affiliate marketing forum (including this awesome thread), you must first register and upgrade your account. Register today and become a part of our amazing community!