Scaling a Profitable Campaign

Adsterra

Nick

🧙🏻‍♂️ Wizard 🔮
Staff Member
Community Leader
In the affiliate marketing world, scaling refers to essentially making more money from your already profitable campaign. There are two types of scaling:
  • Vertical Scaling - This is when you stick to the same traffic source and try to spend more money so you can make more money.
  • Horizontal Scaling - This is when you take your profitable campaign and port it to other traffic sources that sell the same type of traffic to increase your spending. You'd have campaigns across several traffic sources that you have to manage in the end.
I personally prefer maxing out vertical scaling before attempting to scale horizontally. Usually, when you discover a profitable campaign on one traffic source you're not even buying close to half of the traffic available.

Sometimes the really good quality traffic has significantly higher bids than what you're paying. You may or may not be able to afford this traffic, but the only way to find out is to test with higher bids so you can win more of it.

Many times the more expensive traffic is more expensive for a reason... because it converts really good. I've had push campaigns where I increased my CPC

Last edited:
You need to purchase this course to be able to view the content! Select your payment method below and click to purchase.