• Welcome to affLIFT!
    We are happy you have decided to check out our awesome affiliate marketing forum. Register your account today to join our amazing community!
  • Heylink - the only tracking tool that will show you new revenue recommendations, automatically connect you to the highest paying campaign and allow you to focus on what matters - driving conversions.
    Learn more about Heylink

Link Building Questions!

AdsEmpire

Dubs

Contributor
Hey everyone!

I hope everyone is doing well and of course happy thanksgiving to all our American afflifters! Recently I decided to put a lot of my focus on SEO and take a crack at ranking a website of mine. I figured the best approach would be picking a niche that i'm actually interested in so that regularly adding content wont be so much of a chore over the long-run and allows me to sharpen my skills.

I have some solid foundational knowledge around SEO that I just need to put into practice but just have some questions regarding Backlinks.

-
When gathering backlinks are you looking to have them linking directly to your websites homepage or to blog posts?

- Would getting backlinks directly to your homepage raise your overall ranking? or would getting backlinks for different blogposts provide the same value overall to your websites ranking?

I guess overall what confuses me is what part of my website do I want to get backlinks to? I know why I need to consistently add valuable content, but do I want to fill my posts with the keywords I want to target and get backlinks

Last edited:
To view the premium content in our affiliate marketing forum (including this awesome thread), you must first register and upgrade your account. Register today and become a part of our amazing community!