How high over spend is acceptable?

RollerAds

Mike

Super Contributor
Before I begin, I just want to say that I'm not looking to put anyone in a bad light. I'm just trying to make sense of my lastest experience. So please keep it civil. :)

A few days ago I decided to try out a new traffic source for my gambling campaigns. I'd heard good things about @RichAds and wanted to try them out, especially after watching their webinar with @varunkeskar. So I signed up and deposited $150 to run a small test with a proven funnel.

The campaign I created had a bid of $0.5 CPC (it's a competitive T1 GEO), the network's own auto optimization rules set to pause sites with spend over $5 and 0 conversions. The daily budget was set to $120 because I only intended to gauge the traffic before investing more money.

When I had $90 left on my account (so ~$60 spend) and 0 conversions, I decided it was time to pause the campaign and see if there were any conversions coming in. As expected, since it's a push campaign, there were late clicks coming in. No problem. However, they didn't seem to stop coming in and my funds were crawling towards

To view the premium content in our affiliate marketing forum (including this awesome thread), you must first register and upgrade your account. Register today and become a part of our amazing community!