• Welcome to affLIFT!
    We are happy you have decided to check out our awesome affiliate marketing forum. Register your account today to join our amazing community!
  • 30% off for ad tracking & automation! Leading affiliates & media buyers use RedTrack for 5-minute cost updates, campaign management, smart rules, CAPI integrations with FB, TikTok, Google Ads, Bing, etc.
    Get 30% OFF!

How does affiliate networks tracking work?

RollerAds

regjoe

Super Contributor
This might seem a basic question for advanced/experienced affiliates but as a newbie I would like to know how do affiliate networks track (Cookie, pixel?) actions, traffic and conversions? Also how accurate is their tracking based on the technology used? How do they track which traffic source is being used by affiliate (email, pops, native, display, social)? If I use a traffic source say email and it's not allowed for the campaign, how will they know that I used email traffic?

Also how long is the cookie duration usual of affiliate networks and what attribution model they work on (first click, last click)?

I would really appreciate thoughts from experienced affiliates (Luke, servandosilva, Nick).

To view the premium content in our affiliate marketing forum (including this awesome thread), you must first register and upgrade your account. Register today and become a part of our amazing community!