First Comment = 116% Increase in Engagement

MGID

Luke

Admin
Staff Member
Community Leader
If you do any sort of advertising on Facebook, then you probably know that posting the first comment on a post can drive up sales and engagement. That is the assumption anyway. People read the comments on posts.

But, have you ever measured how much it actually increases?

We performed a study on FPTraffic and found that our members who are using our First Comment feature are seeing TWICE the amount of engagement on their posts.

That's insane.

So, I broke down the data specifically on my Charlie Day Quotes Facebook Page with over 1,100,000 Likes that I post to 5-6 times a day.

After analyzing my last 133 posts, we found that my Page specifically has had a 115.9% increase in engagement on posts that included a First Comment. That bumped the reach on those posts by 30%.

I've always said an increase in engagement = an increase in reach. We have some data to back that up now.

In summary: post the First Comment on more of your posts! 🚀

MGID
so just commenting on my own post will actually drive up engagement ? :unsure:\

is it due to some fb algorithm ?

can we manually post ? btw tahts an insane no of followers u got there ...

ps -are u running paid ads to this page ?

so just commenting on my own post will actually drive up engagement ? :unsure:\

is it due to some fb algorithm ?
Creating the first comment yourself does appear to drive up engagement according to our data. This could be for many reasons, but I suppose one obvious one is that people don't like to be first. Plus, if you have a comment there already that is engaging, that comment is more likely to get a reply.

can we manually post ?
FPTraffic makes it so you can automatically create the comment from any of your Facebook Pages.

Or you can create the First Comment from your Page that the post is being published on.

btw tahts an insane no of followers u got there ...
Thanks, I've devoted about 10 years to growing a massive social media audience. It's paid off very well :D

ps -are u running paid ads to this page ?
Not currently.

Creating the first comment yourself does appear to drive up engagement according to our data. This could be for many reasons, but I suppose one obvious one is that people don't like to be first. Plus, if you have a comment there already that is engaging, that comment is more likely to get a reply.

FPTraffic makes it so you can automatically create the comment from any of your Facebook Pages.

View attachment 15508

Or you can create the First Comment from your Page that the post is being published on.

Thanks, I've devoted about 10 years to growing a massive social media audience. It's paid off very well :D

Not currently.
cool , thats a nice no of followers u got :)