• Welcome to affLIFT!
    We are happy you have decided to check out our awesome affiliate marketing forum. Register your account today to join our amazing community!
  • With over 2.5 billion impressions and 3.3 million daily conversions, you are making a huge mistake if you are not already running traffic with Clickadu!
    Join Clickadu Today

Follow Along EvaDav - Binom - Clickadu - Push Subscriptions

Geozo

belrican

Super Contributor
I always like getting in on the contests since they are very educational and help move me forward. Push subscriptions seem to be the hot topic right now and I have some money sitting at Clickadu that I can't seem to get spent, so I am going to buy pops from Clickadu and send them through my landing page to EvaDav using the monetization techniques that @Luke is sharing with us.

I'm setting up now and will share as I go.

Hopefully, by the end of the month, I'll receive a Treat ๐ŸŽ‰ and not a Trick. ๐Ÿ‘ฟ

kaminari
Alright, I've trying to follow the follow-alongs that have gone before me plus @Luke 's guide here https://afflift.com/f/threads/push-subscription-generator-lp-and-tracking-setup.2785/ and am realizing it's not as easy as it looks. o_O

I want to try to implement the 3 monetization techniques Luke talks about, but it doesn't look like EvaDav will let me do it that way.

It appears I will have to use their popup screen if I want to send the pops directly to EvaDav. But, then what happens to the Deny/Backbutton opportunities? I think I answered my own question. I can send the Allow to an offer and I can use EvaDav as the Deny and Backbutton offers.

Last edited:
It appears I will have to use their popup screen if I want to send the pops directly to EvaDav. But, then what happens to the Deny/Backbutton opportunities? I
The Popup option on Evadav is for using their own landing pages to generate push subscriptions. They have great LPs. Evadav does not have the Allow/Deny option though (it would be under Native).

I'm still messing with my lander and struggling with the code, but I wanted to test my setup so I got inspiration from @mukil 's follow along and started setting up geos using EvaDav's templates and the default trafficback. I used "Video 3" since the conversion rate was the highest.

It also appears from the flags represented that these are the countries where this template will work. I don't know that for a fact, but those are the geos I started targeting.

I started setting up campaigns and only got through 3 geos - Germany, Italy and Thailand. I set up the campaigns on Clickadu using the SmartCPA pricing model. I'm not sure that was the best choice because I think I overbid on these campaigns since I'm not sure I understood what I was doing.

When you get down to Conversion Cost, this is what you see:

It says "Min CPM rate is 0.01". I wasn't sure what to put here, but I'm pretty sure I paid too much. I put 0.03, but Clickadu shows my CPM at 2.01. Here's what my tracker shows which confirms I paid too much. CPC is about 20x EPC.

This happened overnight, so I stopped it first thing this morning. I don't think the CPA model is the right one for this type of campaign.

Would the SmartCPM pricing model make sense here?

Does this bid make sense? My conversion rate was 0.54% so for every 1000 clicks I would expect 5 leads at $0.0454 per lead = $0.227. If my max bid should be 0.00016. Is that right??

Last edited:
I'm still messing with my lander and struggling with the code, but I wanted to test my setup so I got inspiration from @mukil 's follow along and started setting up geos using EvaDav's templates and the default trafficback. I used "Video 3" since the conversion rate was the highest.
View attachment 6122
It also appears from the flags represented that these are the countries where this template will work. I don't know that for a fact, but those are the geos I started targeting.

I started setting up campaigns and only got through 3 geos - Germany, Italy and Thailand. I set up the campaigns on Clickadu using the SmartCPA pricing model. I'm not sure that was the best choice because I think I overbid on these campaigns since I'm not sure I understood what I was doing.
View attachment 6123

When you get down to Conversion Cost, this is what you see:
View attachment 6124

It says "Min CPM rate is 0.01". I wasn't sure what to put here, but I'm pretty sure I paid too much. I put 0.03, but Clickadu shows my CPM at 2.01. Here's what my tracker shows which confirms I'm paid too much. CPC is about 20x EPC.
View attachment 6125

This happened overnight, so I stopped it first thing this morning. I don't think the CPA model is the right one for this type of campaign.

Does this bid make sense? My conversion rate was 0.54% so for every 1000 clicks I would expect 5 leads at $0.0454 per lead = $0.227. If my max bid should be 0.00016. Is that right??
avg offer price $0.043, cpc price $0.0045, so you have to make the CR more than 10%.

Last edited:
The Popup option on Evadav is for using their own landing pages to generate push subscriptions. They have great LPs. Evadav does not have the Allow/Deny option though (it would be under Native).
Too bad they don't rotate those so we can A/B test.

If you mean rotating the landing pages you can just do that with your tracker. Make each push collection landing page a new offer.

yeah, but you can set that up yourself in your tracker. Just takes a little time:

SmartCPM is a good option and is typically what I will use when it's an option for a campaign like this. You will need to set a fairly low CPM to get the campaign profitable and it might not get much traffic. For example, with Thailand, you would need to set your CPM at around $0.10-0.15. My guess is they want at least $0.20-0.30.

For example, with Thailand, you would need to set your CPM at around $0.10-0.15. My guess is they want at least $0.20-0.30.
Did you base that on the EPC? As a second example, for Germany, I would need to set CPM at around $0.15-0.20? Am I understanding this correctly?

Did you base that on the EPC? As a second example, for Germany, I would need to set CPM at around $0.15-0.20? Am I understanding this correctly?
Yes, based it on your EPC. Your RPM (revenue per 1k visits) for Germany is $0.24. I doubt you will get much traffic at $0.20 in Germany and it might not convert as well at that low a CPM, but you can try.

You should be able to get your conversion rate to close to 1% with pops and these types of offers. That would double your RPM and potential CPM.

I went back and tried some more geos using SmartCPM. I bid the min bid, but it appears that it is still too high. The conversion rate doesn't seem to be near 1%. Maybe it's the lander.

The numbers don't seem to match up with EvaDav either. Unique and Clicks are totally different.

I'm going to see if I can adjust the bids lower and if that helps with EPC, but Min Bid on Clickadu is 0.2.

I don't know what "TBR" stands for on the EvaDav statistics, but let's say I use the Total Revenue divided by Clicks from tracker(?) for EPC:
VN = 0.04
IT = 0.037
UA = 0.118
PL = 0.039
DE = 2.41 (killing it!)

Doesn't seem like any of these can succeed, or I'm missing something.

Last edited:
I went back and tried some more geos using SmartCPM. I bid the min bid, but it appears that it is still too high. The conversion rate doesn't seem to be near 1%. Maybe it's the lander.
Yes, that or the traffic just doesn't convert as well (maybe because you are bidding so low). It's kind of a catch-22 in this case.

I don't know what "TBR" stands for on the EvaDav statistics
TBR is trackback revenue. Extra revenue generated from the traffic besides the push notification sub revenue.

Doesn't seem like any of these can succeed, or I'm missing something.
I agree.

I think Iโ€™m starting to understand a little. Based on the EvaDav stats, I figured out I was receiving $0.03 per subscriber for VN: (Total - TBR)/Sub = (4.62 x 4.12)/1354 = 0.03

My subscribe rate is 3% which matches up with what Luke said in another post. So my RPM should be 0.03/0.03= 1.00. If I can find traffic for 0.5 CPM that would be 100% ROI.

Is that right? Seems doable

Checking other traffic sources, the min CPM seems to be 0.20. If my math is right, the Clickadu traffic should work.

Last edited:
My subscribe rate is 3% which matches up with what Luke said in another post. So my RPM should be 0.03/0.03= 1.00. If I can find traffic for 0.5 CPM that would be 100% ROI.

That is correct based on those figures. $0.03 per sub in VN is SOLID. If you can maintain that CR on PropellerAds (which I think you could because their traffic converts fairly well for me with these offers) then I think you might have a winner:

That's for Chrome. The optimal rate is a bit higher than I expected, but you still have a lot of potential there more than likely. When I first started running this traffic on PropellerAds last year it was soooooo much cheaper lol

I think Iโ€™m starting to understand a little. Based on the EvaDav stats, I figured out I was receiving $0.03 per subscriber for VN: (Total - TBR)/Sub = (4.62 x 4.12)/1354 = 0.03

Checking other traffic sources, the min CPM seems to be 0.20. If my math is right, the Clickadu traffic should work.

For anybody following along, my math is way off (by a factor of 100 haha). Here's the corrected version:

Value per subscriber: (Total - TBR)/Sub = (4.62-4.12)/1354 = 0.000369
RPM = 0.000369/0.03 = 0.0123

I would need to get traffic for 0.01 or less. Not as doable anymore.

Using my "new math" I went back to the latest data to see if I see anything else:
CountryUniqueSubsCRClicksTBRTotalRPSRPMEPC
VN
49029​
1378​
2.81%​
713​
4.19​
6.95​
0.0020​
0.0713​
0.0097​
IT
10875​
81​
0.74%​
88​
0.38​
1.26​
0.0109​
1.4586​
0.0143​
PL
2892​
31​
1.07%​
15​
0.37​
0.44​
0.0023​
0.2107​
0.0293​
DE
90​
2​
2.22%​
62​
0.01​
0.89​
0.4400​
19.8000​
0.0144​
UA
3257​
5​
0.15%​
0​
2.43​
2.43​
0.0000​
0.0000​
#DIV/0!​

I don't think PL, DE and UA have enough data, so I'm ignoring them. But, IT looks interesting.

I will try buying additional traffic for IT and see if the numbers hold up. Clickadu doesn't have a lot of traffic for IT, so I am going to try PropellerAds since I have some money there. I think I'll start at 0.7 CPM.

Last edited:
It doesn't look like my numbers are holding:
CountryUniqueSubsCRClicksTBRTotalRPSRPM
IT
62206​
1172​
1.88%​
450​
1.74​
6.92​
0.0044​
0.2346​

My RPM has dropped quite a lot. I would have to bid CPM at less than 0.20 to be profitable, so I'm going to pause this one too.

I'm am still trying to figure out how to reverse engineer the revenue for this. I am realizing how much I can't figure out. This is Revshare, so the revenue in my Tracker is incorrect. I entered the CPA from EvaDav originally to emulate the revenue for each sub received. I don't see how to postback the revenue number.

My Total Revenue is actually $6.92.

For my RPM, should I use the Total Revenue, since it's Revshare? I suppose yes, but that doesn't increase my RPM much in this case. Only from 0.23 to 0.31.

I'm not sure how to optimize this either if I'm not getting accurate revenue numbers. At least now I know I'm getting 0.0044 per subscriber on average.

It looks like Unique on EvaDav (62,206) relates to Clicks on Binom (83,700). PropellerAds shows 187,245 clicks. 100,000 lost in space? However, Subs on EvaDav (1172) doesn't seem to relate to Leads on Binom (583), but Binom does relate to Conversions on PropellerAds (552), so there's a connection.

Probably overthinking it.

Not sure where to go from here. Any suggestions?

I was trying to calculate the actual subscription payout. Should I be doing that or using Total revenue for calculating RPM @Luke ?
I would keep the TBR in the calculation for the sub. You're going to (hopefully) continue to generate the TBR so when you are figuring out what you need your cost at, you would want the included.

As far as the rest of what you've got going, it's a little jumbled lol. Why is your revenue off by so much on the tracker?