• Welcome to affLIFT!
    We are happy you have decided to check out our awesome affiliate marketing forum. Register your account today to join our amazing community!
  • Find the best prices and largest volumes across Push, Popunder, and Native Ad Networks. Discover traffic price drops with Traffic Lab's historical data!
    Check out Traffic Lab!

Downsides of buying traffic directly

CrakRevenue

Binom

Super Contributor
Partner
Peak Award Winner
Every single time I see an affiliate with a positive bottom line I see that the first thing they try is getting rid of intermediaries at every phase of the process and especially on the buying side. I can not blame them — it is a rational way of thinking from many points of view.

Firstly, it creates a moat around your castle (your business) that will make the life of your competitors much more difficult while conquering your business vertical.

Secondly, it grants you additional control over your business. You know where the traffic coming from, you know whom you are selling it to. And it is not only fair from a business perspective. You can also have more technical control over how you run things — no random redirects, not unreliable tracking software, etc. Having control over something means paying for your own mistakes, not for someone else’s.

Control is good, but it is worth nothing if the business you control does not generate profits. “Your margin is my opportunity” as Jeff Bezos allegedly said once, describes it all in one sentence. So the third and the most obvious reason to start buying directly is to get

To view the premium content in our affiliate marketing forum (including this awesome thread), you must first register and upgrade your account. Register today and become a part of our amazing community!