- Mexico is the second-largest economy in Latin America
- Over 40% of Mexico's population lives in poverty
- GDP growth 17% (2019) GDP per capita $9698
- The largest cities and more densely populated areas are Mexico City (12294193) Itzapalpa (1820888) and Ecatepec (1806226). The country consists of 31 states and one federal district
- Spanish is the national language
- The northern part of the country has higher income and purchasing power while people living in the southern regions (Valley of Mexico and in the Central) have lower income levels.