• Welcome to affLIFT!
    We are happy you have decided to check out our awesome affiliate marketing forum. Register your account today to join our amazing community!
  • 30% off for ad tracking & automation! Leading affiliates & media buyers use RedTrack for 5-minute cost updates, campaign management, smart rules, CAPI integrations with FB, TikTok, Google Ads, Bing, etc.
    Get 30% OFF!

CTR Was 8% But Adding an Opt-in Box Reduced This to 0%

kaminari

gordgoodfellow

Contributor
Hi,

I recently tried out my first paid traffic campaign with an offer which was a straight sale (not from an affiliate network) for which I made 3 pre-landers and tested them to find out which converted best. I used Bemob as my tracker.

The pre-lander was converting my PopCash pop-unders to around 8% (8% of all my traffic, once I'd optimised various categories and devices, etc. was clicking on the pre-lander which had a simple "Click Here" link to the main offer page.

I decided to test further, so I ditched the two worst performing pre-landers and then split the best performer into two: the first one as it already was, and in the second I substituted the simple "Click Here" link for an Aweber optin box for name and email address, then the Submit button took users to the offer page.

The results at first looked good. The optin pre-lander was getting the same rate of CTR as the simple link!

But the Aweber list was gaining no names or email addresses. After about three hours the CTR for the new pre-lander dropped to 0%.

What I got from this is that Bemob does not actually

To view the premium content in our affiliate marketing forum (including this awesome thread), you must first register and upgrade your account. Register today and become a part of our amazing community!