• Welcome to affLIFT!
    We are happy you have decided to check out our awesome affiliate marketing forum. Register your account today to join our amazing community!
  • Get a $50 Free Traffic COUPON from BidVertiser - Valid for Pop Under, Direct Ads, In-Page, Push and Native (mainstream and adult). Use Coupon AFFLIFT50
    Claim your $50 Now!

Basic theory question: how does bid work?

Edu-Money

Max9Ads

Hi guys!
I've been doing some tests with bid and got some questions and would like to discuss them with you

So, in theory we know that bid affects quantity of traffic you get from source
Also I heard it determines thequality (like the higher price = the better traffic from site?)

So, let's imagine you have 5 copies of the same campaign in one traffic source (let's say Propellerads)

If I set the bid to: 0.0005, 0.0004, 3, 2 and 1 in tier3 geo for each of them, I'll probably get no or almost no views for the last one and will get some views for the 1st one

But is it smart to do so and test, or shall I compete with myself?
Sbould I increase the bid to get higher quality sites, or I will just overpay for the same traffic?

And how to define which bid among those 5 is better?
Thanks for the thoughts, I'm sure that this may be useful for all the guys who

To view the premium content in our affiliate marketing forum (including this awesome thread), you must first register and upgrade your account. Register today and become a part of our amazing community!